Did you know that you can get organic toothbrushes? Why are organic toothbrushes and hygienic products so important for our oral hygiene?
The statistics tell us that the world consumes more than 3.6 billion plastic toothbrushes every year and The Humble Co. which is based in Sweden has found a great alternative and these brushes can be recycled!
We know that toothbrushes are essential for us and for use every single day, they help us keep our teeth clean and that also prevents us from gum diseases.
But some people don’t brush their teeth for several days or properly and that can lead to a really bad case of gum disease and nobody wants that. A toothbrush is a tool that every dentist will recommend you to use every day and …
They’re both among the best cordless vacuum cleaners you can buy, but they take very different approaches to the business of cleaning. I have used both, one at my own home and one at my mum’s.
So, how are they different? Let’s start with our Dyson V11:
Recent Dyson vacs have all sported excellent bin emptying mechanisms and this one’s no exception. The bin itself holds 0.76 litres of dust and debris which may seem small but it’s enough for dusty stair carpet and another big room’s carpet in my house.
It comes with lots of handy attachments for the stairs and webs and skirting boards. It also switches from carpet to hard floor seamlessly. To empty its contents, you simply push down a latch and the outer transparent sleeve jolts down, ejecting everything …
With the government’s announcement on the 2 February, every household in the UK is set to be given £200 towards their energy bill, but that frankly won’t be enough, so we need to think smarter about energy.
- The cheapest time to put your washing machine on
Your washing machine is one of the most energy-consuming appliances in your household.
But you can save money by running them as efficiently as possible.
There are certain times of day when running your washing machine can be good – energy prices are usually at their lowest between 10 pm and 5 am. You should try it out and see the difference!
Besides cutting down on that certain time to turn on …
Oven cleaning is one of the most dreaded chores when it comes to blitzing the kitchen.
Cleaning the oven can seem like a complex task. You can choose to do it by using the single-use all-in-one deep cleaning product Oven Pride product or if it’s a bigger hassle than you thought then perhaps using a professional oven cleaning company is a better choice.
But how can you decide which would be easier for you? When it comes down to what you get for a better price, well you can get the Oven Pride for £4.00 at Tesco and other grocery and discount stores.
To get the best results when using Oven Pride to clean your oven, we would recommend leaving the product to work for at least 4 hours.
If it’s convenient, leaving it overnight …
Every year, food goes to waste and that’s one-third of all food produced in the world. The global spending to make worldwide access to food possible reaches billions. By looking at this problem, you could easily assume that there’s a shortage of food. But that’s not the case. The problem is food waste.
Too Good To Go started in Denmark in 2016.
The people behind this app share a strong belief that wasting food is unacceptable and that food is simply too good to go to waste. With this movement, they aim to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste. This app connects consumers with bakeries, restaurants, hotels, supermarkets and other businesses so that their surplus food can be consumed instead of wasted.
They are now present in 17 countries, including Switzerland, and the …
Believe it or not, there are so many ways you can boost your income. The problem is that many ideas simply sound too weird or wacky to ever be taken seriously.
Never fear! Here at Mrs Bargain Hunter, we’ve found a bunch of not so common things that people do to earn a bit more even if that might just be crazy enough to work – trust me it works.
- Get paid for your holiday snapshots: Businesses are always looking for brand new images to buy. You don’t have to be a camera whizz to take photos worth paying for. If you have some digital snaps with decent resolution, consider selling them to online agencies. Every time someone buys one of your pictures you’ll get a royalty fee, and the subject matter can cover
It’s not too late. Christmas is over for another year and hopefully, you received some lovely gifts, but there’s always one…. a gift that is either random, ugly or just plain faulty. You may be asking yourself, can I get a refund?
The short answer is: not without a receipt. With a receipt in-hand, there are some pretty strong and clear consumer rights relating to returns: the 2015 Consumer Rights Act.
Quality of the Product
It goes without saying that products should live up to satisfactory quality, be fit-for-purpose and come just as it was described.
- Satisfactory quality. The word ‘satisfactory’ is a bit ambiguous here but, generally, products shouldn’t come faulty or damaged unless clearly stated (e.g. selling an item for parts). For everything else, it largely depends on the item. Luxury products
One of my favourite Twitter feeds at the moment is @lifetipseasy. I love the practical and really simple tips and quite a few of them are about saving money or using alternative (cheaper) products to fix a problem, and some are even just simply genius.
Here are my favourite tips at the moment from the feed:
1. Measure one of your fingers and memorise the length – now you have an instant ruler.
2. Reduce nail polish clumping by running the polish bottle under hot water for 40-50 seconds.
3. Take a picture of your fridge on your phone, you’ll never struggle to remember what you need to buy at the grocery store!
4. Apples are more powerful than caffeine at helping you stay awake.
5. Want whiter teeth? Gently rub the inside of …
On 3 March, the Two Together Railcard was officially launched.
Now I am a fan as I was one of the people who trialled it when it was being tested a year or so ago in the Midlands.
Basically you and one other person (can be anyone) have to both have your photograph on the card to get the discount on most travel after 9.30 am and on weekends/weekends….even on advance fares.
The card’s benefits made travelling to London cheaper for me definitely. However, since the trial and the official launch, there was a lull of about a year, so I went on the hunt for an alternative.
As most of my travel to work is to London, the Network Rail Card has proved very useful. From Banbury onwards, I get a discount. I did …
Here are 14 quick and easy money saving tips for 2014.
1. Set a realistic budget – the first thing to do is gather all of the information about your income and outgoings and create a realistic budget. Be honest, don’t set yourself goals you know you won’t stick to!
2. Set up your profile on cashback sites – so that any payments are sent directly to a savings account rather than your current account.
3. Always search online for cheaper products – when shopping for any new items take a note of the item and brand – then go online and see if you can find it cheaper. Users of discount code sites like www.discountvouchers.co.uk save on average £1200 a year.*
4. Go over your accounts thoroughly – and check you are not paying …