- More than 30 activity sheets available for free download now
- Assured by The Dyslexia Association
- Behavioural therapist and former headteacher, Pete Griffin, provides his seven hints and tips on learning at home
With parents across the UK struggling to find ways to keep kids entertained and educated during school closures the newly launched Love Writing Co. has committed to making free activity downloads available each and every week, with 30 available right now.
Set up by mum of two Surlender Pendress and dad of two Mark Sherwood in September last year, the Love Writing Co. produces age-appropriate writing and colouring pencils for kids aged 3-9, alongside fun and engaging handwriting books that makes it easier and faster to learn to write.
Classroom studies have shown that 95% of children have improved writing ability, 8 in …
Virgin Media is giving free children’s TV shows to customers as school children and younger are staying during the coronavirus lockdown.
Subscribers to Virgin Media will be able to access seven of its popular kids’ channels for free until 21 April:
- Cartoon Network
- Nick Jr
- Nick Jr Too
The upgrade will automatically be applied to customers on Virgin Media’s Player, Mixit (without Kids TV pick) and Maxit (without Kids TV pick) bundles at no extra cost.‘With some parents across the UK at home with their little ones, Virgin Media is offering families a helping hand to keep their kids entertained,’ the television, internet and phone provider said in a press announcement.
‘Across these channels, a range of shows from Ben 10, Paw Patrol, Teen Titans and classics like Tom and …
It’s day 3 of lockdown and hopefully you’ve not torn your hair out yet. Here’a a quick list of some free things for kids to do.
‘As of today, we have made all Letterland apps on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store free for a limited time, so that there are digital resources available for parents to access immediately.’
Get instant access to English, maths and science resources. Powered by the world’s leading AI teaching and learning platform, our resources are suitable for Years 3-11 and aligned to the national curriculum.
Hamilton is providing free packs for English and maths for each …
Gimi is a new pocket money app and chores manager that has launched in the UK to teach kids as young as six how to earn, save and manage their money.
Using Gimi parents can:
- Set-up a weekly or monthly allowance for their child
- Set chores for their children to earn additional money (children can also suggest chores to them too!)
- And, create savings. All whilst teaching kids about interest rates
In turn, kids are able to:
- Track the money they’ve earned through good behaviour, jobs completed around the house, goals you set around their school work, anything a parent likes
- Set-up dream buys (such as a skateboard) and monitor how long it takes to get there.
Gimi differs from other pocket …
On Thursday 4 October 2018 the government will close the childcare voucher scheme to new entrants, replacing it with the new tax-free childcare scheme.
We thought that this is important for those who have benefited from the voucher scheme, and are unsure what’s going on, so we asked Charlotte Cowgill, Legal Adviser at DAS Law, to share what you need to know…
Why is the government making this move?
The new scheme is intended to be a fairer and better targeted system than childcare vouchers, and will mean that all families can get support regardless of their employer or whether they are self-employed. Support is based on the number of children in a family, rather than number of parents as seen in the current childcare voucher scheme. Parents who wish to continue to …
Deal seekers get ready: Toys”R”Us® kicks off an early Black Friday One Day Deal in Toys ‘R’ Us Stores across the country.
For TODAY ONLY (17 November 2017), get a massive 20% OFF ALL toys, baby, bikes & wheels at Toys ‘R’ Us. You don’t want to miss this: reserve online and collect in-store in just 29 minutes 🎉 http://bit.ly/2zZlwzi
20% Off Toys, Baby, Bikes & Wheels – In-store Only
How to qualify:
- Either reserve the items you want online by selecting Click & Collect in your basket, or visit your nearest Toys R Us store (click here to find stores).
- Your Click & Collect order amount shown online will not include your 20% discount. This will be applied at the till when you pay in store.
- Click & Collect orders placed on
As a recipient of financial help from my parents for our children, I liked this research so thought I’d share it.
At a time when estate agents are warning that house price affordability is reaching a crisis point it seems that more people are turning to their grandparents in order to get a foot on the property ladder. The Bank of Gran and Grandad has donated a total of over £37bn in funds to their grandchildren and one in ten grandparents say this money was to be spent on a deposit for a house.
The generous donations look set to continue as the research from Saga shows that a further third of grandparents are still considering or intending to give a financial gift and one in ten are considering lending money to grandchildren. The typical …
From trendy trainers to boho tops and backpacks, Aldi’s Specialbuys Kid’s Spring Fashion Range has everything parents need to freshen up their little one’s wardrobe for the season ahead, available in stores and online from 19th March.
With children’s Animal Backpacks (£7.99) in cheeky characters are an adorable accessory to brighten up the school run. Available in Monkey, Rabbit, Unicorn or Dinosaur designs, they also come complete with fun pull zips, perfect for safely storing prized possessions.
Youngsters can stay on trend this spring with Aldi’s stand-out new season designs such as the Girl’s Boho Top (£3.99) in jersey with frill cap sleeves, embroidered woven front yoke and lace trim or this lightweight Girls’ Denim Dress (£5.99) with antique brass buttons front. It’s perfect for springtime adventures and is available in a range of …
So we’re well into term one of a new school year. Uniform has been purchased, but what about the school trips, after-school clubs, school dinners and replacement sports gear that will be needed through the year.
Your children might always come first, but that doesn’t mean school related expenditure needs to break the bank every year. By following a few simple tips from Joe Green, Consumer Affairs Expert at Experian, you’ll be able to significantly cut the costs of keeping your kids clothed and equipped.
Shop around for best deals
When it comes to most school items you can find good quality at low prices if you shop around. Supermarkets, for example, offer competitive prices on school supplies including uniforms, and you could save significantly. However it’s important to keep an eye on quality and …
Fancy seeing a tropical fish but can’t afford an exotic holiday, well head to a Sea Life Centre. I’ve looked up how you can get discount tickets this holiday and have found the following:
- At Sea Life Brighton, the attraction is offering kids free entry to our aquarium when accompanied by an adult, until 19 August. Adult ticket prices start from £10.50 for the Basic Saver Package, reaching £14.50 for the Ultimate Package which includes a behind-the-scenes tour, guidebook and exclusive Sea Life pop badge.
- Sea Life Centres across the country are also offering 2 for 1 entry as part of the Days Out Guide. Details can be found at: https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/search-results?q=sea%20life&r=
- 2 for 1 tickets to Sea Life Centres and other Merlin attractions in the UK are also being offered with selected Cadbury products.