Born from the early 1980s to mid 1990s, then you’re termed as a milennial and at the moment you may be finding it hard to save for that house deposit, as rent is so high and you’ve not reached your full earning potential. With that in mind, here is a list of ways you can save money.
Thrifty in office hours
- Commuting is one of the biggest costs for workers. Why not ask for an interest-free season ticket loan, or if you can work flexibly to avoid expensive peak time travel.
- If working in London, combine your Oyster card with the 16-25 Railcard to get a one-third discount on off-peak travel on the tube, overground and DLR network (after 10am during the week and all day at the weekends).
- You can only do this in
Hallmark Hotels are celebrating the 70th anniversary of the NHS by offering NHS staff a free night’s stay till Christmas Eve 2018.
The hotel chain has 22 hotels where NHS staff can stay for free for the remainder of 2018.
Many of these hotels have spas, golf courses and great restaurants to dine in.
The offer will be valid until Christmas Eve 2018, and the free overnight stay can be taken any Sunday evening when NHS staff spend £50 on food and drink in the hotels’ bars and restaurants.
Take for example, the hotel in Manchester you can stay at is the Hallmark Hotel in Wimslow, Cheshire not far from the airport.
The Hallmark Hotel Manchester has a leisure club for staying guests with a 20 meter indoor pool, Swedish sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.…
With online sales soaring, wouldn’t it be nice to know that your browser can help you save money. There are tonnes of Chrome and Firefox extensions that can save you hundreds of poungs while you shop online and here are some of the most interesting.
Helps compare products, finds you a better price.
Tells you which card to use on deals to save money.
Automatically finds and applies discount codes to your shopping basket, saving you time and money.
It is the Amazon price tracking extension, you can also see the history of product’s price.
Compares prices BUT in the US, UK and Germany it compares not only on products, but flights, hotels and rental cars.
Another comparison extension that stays …
Are you fed up of searching for voucher codes only to find that they are invalid? Well check out this handy new browser extension – Shoppers – that will search for and add the best voucher code for your shopping automatically.
Unlike other browser extensions, it will do all the hard work and check all valid codes available. It currently works with 2,500+ UK retailers including some of the biggest stores such as Amazon, Currys, Asos, John Lewis, EuroCarParts and Matalan – for most of them the extension automatically applies the voucher code for you.
It’s so easy to use – here’s a Shoppers demo video. Basically you add the extension to either Chrome or Firefox, then you shop as usual, when you go to the checkout a little pig (piggy bank reference I …
Do you know that you can get browser extensions that just sit there and help you save money by reminding you to get cashback or use vouchers. Here are a few that I like the sound of.
The TopCashback Notifier
What is the Cashback Notifier?
The TopCashback Cashback Notifier helps members remember to earn cashback when buying online. It’s a small browser add-on that members can install which alerts them if they are on a website which offers cashback. When searching on Google it will also show which brands offer cashback with TopCashback and what the current rates are.
How does the Cashback Notifier work?
The Cashback Notifier will appear as a narrow strip across users’ computer screens (usually at the top of the browser). When searching Google, members will be able to see the …
As we head into the May bank holidays and decluttering season, eBay is offering a £1 selling fee per item from 4 to 7 May 2018. Even if you miss these dates, here’s some tips for selling on eBay for other times.
- Download the app: eBay has focussed on making selling even simpler, especially when it comes to the app which benefits from seamless integration with your phone camera.
- Think like a buyer: Fill the title with as many key words as possible, take photos and write a description that really sells your product .
- Pick your price: You have the option to either list as a fixed price or an auction. If you know the price you want and are happy to sit back and wait then choose the fixed price option.
You have your smart phone, now use it to be smart with money. With hundreds of apps available focusing on shopping, banking, budgeting and making extra money, what are the best ones?
You should be able to use on Apple and Android phones and it’s worth downloading them all:
- Topcashback – https://www.topcashback.com/ ; they pass on their advertising commission straight to you, as cashback
- VoucherCodes – https://www.vouchercodes.co.uk ; helps you find the best working discount codes
- Idealo – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.idealo.android&hl=en ; find products, compare prices
- Groupon – https://www.groupon.co.uk/ ; save money on certain offers on restaurants, spa, trips, etc.
- Stocard – https://stocardapp.com/ ; puts all your loyalty cards on your smartphone
- CheckoutSmart – https://www.checkoutsmart.com/ ; find offers, buy and keep your receipt, upload a picture of the receipt and the app puts cashback into your account
I have a kitchen that’s over 10 years old but it looks pretty good, and here are some tips to updating your existing kitchen if you are on a budget.
-Complete kitchens on eBay-
With lots of refurbs going on, pick up a kitchen from eBay. You’ll probably need to collect, but sometimes applicances are thrown in. And if you don’t like the colour, just get some kitchen cupboard paint and spruce up the doors…probably still cheaper than buying new!
-Just replace the doors-
Most kitchens cupboards are well made, but just dated. So head to places that sell cupboard doors online.
I found that using flooring companies from less affluent areas saved me a lot of money. Depending on where you live, head to a less well off area of town, and …
So with a few days to go, how do you get those gifts out without spending a fortune?
Costs have already no doubt been building up – from buying gifts to sending them far and wide to loved ones living away. More and more of us have friends and family who live in a different part of the country or overseas. And, if you’re anything like me with little ones to think about, you simply might not have the chance to get out of the house to get your Christmas gifts delivered on time.
Although we have less than a week before Christmas Day, there are still delivery options available. Better still – some of them will even come to you. Using a courier service is one of the fastest and cheapest ways of having …
As a Christmas thank you, Iceland is offering an exclusive 10% discount to all those working for the Police, Fire Service, NHS, HM Coastguard and RNLI, when they shop at one of its stores between Monday 27 November and Sunday 17 December 2017.
Iceland hopes this special ‘thank you’ discount will make Christmas that little bit easier this year for those people in the emergency services who work around the clock, to help the UK public.
To offer the emergency services a discount this Christmas, Iceland have partnered with Blue Light where as a registered member you will be provided with a unique code for one of the tiered discounts: £4 off £40, £5 off £50 and £6 off £60 Merry Christmas from Iceland Online Team.
Who Qualifies Online via Bluelightcard?
There are 31 services …