Halfords’ free 6-point summer car checks
With a third (28%) of families* saying they will take the family car abroad this summer, Halfords is offering peace of mind with its new 6-point summer check.
Available at Halfords stores and Halfords Autocentres, staff will check screenwash and top up for free, and check oil, blades, bulbs and the battery and air-con to keep you cool.
What do they check?
With a Halfords car health check we look at 6 things:
- The battery
- Light bulbs
- Windscreen wipers
- Oil levels
- Screen wash levels
- Air conditioning
Why do they check these areas?
All these areas can be common problems – they affect us all and are crucial to your car’s performance and your safety. It’s important to know that:
- A battery failure is one of the main reasons why people call a breakdown service, so looking after your battery will save you time and money.
- Driving with broken or faulty lights is illegal – and dangerous!
- Believe it or not, your car needs oil just as much as it needs fuel. Too much or too little can cause serious damage.
- When you’re driving in bad weather, the last thing you want to worry about is poor visibility. Healthy wipers and loads of screen wash are vital.
- An air con system that needs re-charging won’t cool your car effectively
Available now at Halfords stores and Halfords Autocentres, visit Halfords.com for details.