Free mobile phone power charger from EE
From launch, EE customers will be able to pick up a free Power Bar in any EE store by requesting a unique code via text. Once the EE Power Bar has been used to charge a device, customers can recharge the portable battery themselves or, if out and about, they can swap it for a fully-charged replacement bar at any EE store nationwide – for free and as many times as they like.
Texts cost 35p and customers can collect their free EE Power Bar by redeeming this code at any EE store across the UK. Each Power Bar typically gives one full smartphone charge.
EE Power Bar specifications
- Capacity = 2600mah – which is enough to charge a typical smartphone once
- The EE Power Bar is rechargeable and has a guaranteed life of 500 charges
- It features charging indicator lights that will show how much charge is in the power bar
- It features an LED torch
- It includes a micro USB lead that will be used to charge bar but also to charge the phone form the bar
- It takes approximately 4 hours to charge the power bar from flat to full
The small print
“We are making EE Power and Power Bars available to all EE Customers with a 30 day, 12, 18 or 24 month plan, whether for mobile or fixed line and broadband services. Pay As You Go customers can also participate, however, before qualifying for the offer they must have been with us for at least three months. Terms & conditions apply.
To obtain the free to hire Power Bar, mobile customers must text POWER to 365. Broadband customers must text JOIN plus your EE landline number to 60005 and follow the instructions provided. Texts cost 35p. This mechanism is required to enable EE to (i) verify the customer is an existing customer; and (ii) provide a redemption code that customers provide to our retail agents when collecting the Power Bar.”