Tips for selling on eBay
As we head into the May bank holidays and decluttering season, eBay is offering a £1 selling fee per item from 4 to 7 May 2018. Even if you miss these dates, here’s some tips for selling on eBay for other times.
- Download the app: eBay has focussed on making selling even simpler, especially when it comes to the app which benefits from seamless integration with your phone camera.
- Think like a buyer: Fill the title with as many key words as possible, take photos and write a description that really sells your product .
- Pick your price: You have the option to either list as a fixed price or an auction. If you know the price you want and are happy to sit back and wait then choose the fixed price option. If you’re keen to sell your item faster, explore the auction option.
- Pick your duration: You also need to consider the duration: a seven-day auction that ends on Sunday gives more time to garner interest and watchers, but if you’re selling a unique item you might want to select ‘good til cancelled’ which gives you plenty of time to get your item in front of buyers with no end date.
- Consider allowing offers: If you choose the ‘allow offers’ feature buyers are able to place their offer, and it’s up to you if you want to accept or decline. If you’re not sure which to choose, then eBay will provide lots of guidance through the listing process to increase your chances of selling and getting the best price.
- Use eBay delivery: When it comes to packaging up and sending your parcel, eBay has secured great prices on tracked services that can be dropped off at thousands of locations nationwide. You’ll save money, be protected and can do it all through the eBay site.
- Go free: Increase your chances of selling by offering your buyer free shipping, you can always include the cost in your price.
£1 Selling fee promo 4 – 7 May
Promo copy: Sell for Max. £1 per item. Activate your offer now at ebay.co.uk/promo
Disclaimer: Ends 7 May. Item must sell within 30 days. Limited to 100 listings. Private sellers only. T&Cs apply